Tuesday, July 26, 2011

OPI Nice Stems mini collection swatches!

The OPI Nice Stems summer collection is out and it features very pink frosty shades with one glitter/flaky polish:


This cute little box resembles a garden pot, the top is actually brown to mimic dirt but mine got a little squashed in the mail so I didn't photograph it :P


Left to right we have Play The Peonies, Come To Poppy, Be A Dahl-ia Won't You? and I Lily Love You.


Shown above is Play The Peonies - a sheer pale pink and at 3 coats, it was still quite sheer.


Shown above is Come To Poppy - a warm frosty pink that was surprisingly opaque. I did 2 coats here but on my flower nails below I only needed 1!


Shown above is Be A Dahl-ia Won't You? This was a complex colour to photograph (3 coats) so I have included flash then non flash shots because the flash just did not represent the colour well. The glitter shows a little darker than the base polish and I could see a tinge of orange in the bottle when I looked at it in various lights. A lovely colour but OPI has brought out so many shades like this recently (the Burlesque collection comes to mind). Flash Shot above.


Non flash shot shown above of Be A Dahl-ia Won't You? Much more pink on the nails in low light - no blue or orange.


Bottle close up of Be A Dahl-ia Won't You - see the orange tinge?


And lastly we have I Lily Love You - a spectacular glitter and flaky polish with a sheer pink base colour. Flash shot above with 3 coats. Flash does not make it look very appealing but wait...


The non flash shot makes it look a little better :-) Those pastel multi-colour flakes are gorgeous but somewhat annoying to work with - they don't always lie flat and you have them poking out the end of your nails if you don't move them back onto the nail. But isn't it pretty @_@


You have to be careful layering this polish over lighter colours because the base colour needs to be evened out - I had some trouble just slapping it on because it would be darker on some sides, but that is also the nature of the small 'mini' brush. Flash shot of I Lily Love You over Play The Peonies shown above.


This glitter seems the the set works best when layered over the other colours. Non flash shot above of I Lily Love You over Play The Peonies. It certainly livens the colour up! Very pretty.

And what post wouldn't be complete without some random nail art? I decided to take my favourite from the collection (well the glitter would be my absolute favourite but in terms of being practical for nail art I chose one of the other colours), Come To Poppy:


Simple but cute. Can't always be doing 5 hour epica designs ;-) And I was very distracted by the Offspring finale at the time of doing these. I am loving that show! But I cracked up when I saw a bottle of Sephora By OPI nail polish sitting on the table while they were doing her nails... I didn't think you could buy it here?

Well that is all I have for now! I hope you enjoyed the swatches - I'm not sure of the Australian release date. If last year is anything to go by we will probably have to wait until Spring/Summer like with the summer flutter collection :-( However I'm going to try and pick up a full size of I Lily Love You in the US as soon as I get there :-D It is a must have for any glitter lover! Have a fanastic day everyone and I'll see you next time :-D

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm running to get this collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe anytime there's a glitter in a collection I have to have it! :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...