Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chococat Nail Art

Recently I did my first Sanrio nail art featuring hello kitty. The lovely Ebz suggested I do Chococat and I love kitties so this week I attempted it:


Ah hopefully it looks a little like Chococat. The thumb tends to resemble the character best for some reason despite it being the 'trial' nail! This was quite a complicated one because I was doing a spotted background. I'll take you through the process (which took two nights because I got super sleepy).


This background design was inspired by a sticker from an old Chococat calendar I have (you'll see what I mean further down when I post my first failed attempt haha). This is why the nail art took me two nights - dotting is a very tedious process! I used a medium sized dotter to create rows of dots mixed of blue, yellow, green and coral pink. I liked this so much on its own I decided to wear it to work the next day and saved the Chococat drawing for later. And I was sleepy :-P


So the thumb is always the trial nail. After I added a top coat to the base design, I started with the Chococat heads. I hate how topcoats always dull colours.


Next I drew the outline of the heads with a nail art brush. The same one I always use :-D


Next I drew the whites of the eyes and the ears. Having a white base allowed the yellow on the ears to look more yellow and opaque.


Final touches before the top coat - eyes, nose and whiskers! And that's it!


In terms of colours, I didn't use that many and probably didn't need TWO types of yellow! Back row left to right we have Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty (for the ears), China Glaze Snow, MAC Coconut Ice and Illamasqua Boosh. Front row left to right we have OPI Fiercely Fiona, OPI What's With The Cattitude, OPI Who The Shrek Are You (used for the dots along with the MAC polish) and Sephora by OPI Leotard-Optional. That Sephora colour was used as the base, thumb swatch below:


Tee hee. Really liked the Sephora with the dotted effect.


Look out behind you! That's just the calendar I used for inspiration.


And that above was my fail test run. You can see where I got the idea for the brown with multi coloured dots. And the kitty was an epic fail so I tried again :-)


Look what I got in Myer! They have Angry Birds talking plushies. Oh em gee these are made of awesome. The pig laughs and the red one makes the red bird sound I believe. Ultra cute. They also had the yellow and blue birdies but they were not as awesome as these two. Maybe I should do the birds version of Angry Birds nail art? Hmm...


And extra awesome - since it is a month before our anniversary, the bf got me a red rose and left it for me to find when I got home. He is so sweet.

Well that is all from me for now. Wow that was a picture heavy post! Hope everyone is having a good week and bring on the weekend I say! I'm seeing the new pirates and I can't wait :-D Have a good weekend everyone and I'll see you next time :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh, that is so cute :) I love Chocolat and you did a great job. The spotted background is awesome too. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see you do the angry birds again - so would my son :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! And Vita one day I will attempt it, just a matter of when :-D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...