Saturday, April 30, 2011

Katy Perry Purr inspired Nail Art!

Hi everyone, I have a something a little silly this evening! I picked up the cutest perfume this week and was inspired to do some kitty nail art:


Ok it's not exactly purr-fect ;-) but it's my take on the gorgeous kitty perfume bottle that is Purr by Katy Perry:


Isn't it adorable? It has a little heart charm as a collar that sort of jingles like a cat bell :-P


The packaging on the right slips over the silver box on the left. I ended up purchasing the large 100mL bottle because they had a sale (at both David Jones and Myer) where if you buy the large 100mL EDP, you get a free Katy Perry tote bag:


Ahhh it's so loud isn't it? I do wonder what her nail art is but I can't quite tell on the bag. I can maybe see pointed nail tips though. Hmm it kind of looks like purple print of her outfit. As for the bag, it's a little more subtle on the back...


And on the inside are cat paws as the print :-) Super cute!


I won't go into the fragrance itself and the notes, perfume is very personal and while I've heard people love it, I don't think it's all that. I'm still going through my Marc Jacobs Lola phase and nothing seems to smell better than that :-) But I do like it in case you are wondering...


Above are the materials I used for this look. I was inspired by the purple and pink colours of the perfume packaging. My two favourite colours were calling to me and I had to use my favourite OPI: Flower to Flower. I hadn't used Funky Dunkey (from the OPI Shrek collection) yet so I was happy to find a use for it tonight. Illamasqua Glory and Boosh were used to draw the finer cat details like the collar, eyes and the base (where I was trying to replicate the perfume bottle a bit).


Progress shot above. Flower to Flower as the pretty shimmer base and Funky Dunky as the kitty.


A close up shot of the thumb. My take on the perfume bottle was to add a tail, obvious front paws and more defined eyes. Oh and if you're wondering why the purple is a little shimmery, the thumb is always the trial nail so I ended up getting silver mixed in with my purple trying to correct a mistake :-P The rest of the nails are more purple, no shimmer.


Oh dear, I've been getting a little too addicted to my iPhone app hipstamatic... But now we have black cats! Well anyway I hope you enjoyed the nail art. I love cats and purple so eventually this nail art was going to end up on my blog in some form or fashion. Have a fantastic weekend everyone! I need to hit the gym and work off a whole week of choccy overdose. Yet I still have more @_@ Until next time my lovelies...

4 comments:

  1. Wow good job, and the kitties are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I'm sure Katy Perry herself would approve! The GWP looks good too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...